These courses, each devoted to a single topic, will cover specific topics of interest to all knitters but especially to those working through the Master Hand Knitting program. Unlike other online courses the students will get direct feedback on their course work. All of the instructors are current or past members of the Master Hand Knitting Committee and have hours of experience evaluating knitters’ work in a positive and constructive manner.
HOW DO MINI COURSES WORK?
The student places the order on-line and as soon as the office has processed the order, the instructor sends the materials, via email, to the student. The materials include a complete reference document for the topic and instructions for sample swatches, which allow the student to practice the techniques. The instructor is available to answer any questions by email. Since no more than five swatches are worked, the time commitment is minimal. Once the swatches are mailed to the instructor for review, the student can expect an evaluation of their work within days.
The cost for each MiniCourse is only $25. The following courses are available:
- Compensating for Cable Flare
- Decorative Cast On and Bind Off Techniques
- Decorative Stitches: Nupps, Stars, and Cluster
- Fair Isle Flat
- Fitted Garments: Horizontal and Vertical Darts
- Generating Charts for Cables
- Generating Charts for Lace
- Jogless Join
- Knitting 911: Dropped Edge Garter Stitches
- Knitting 911: Dropped Edge Stockinette Stitches
- Latvian Fringe and Braid
- Long Tail Cast On and Basic Bind Off
- Mattress Stitch
- Seaming Bound Off Edges
- Simple Lace
- Single Decreases
- Taming Edge Stitch Tension in Stockinette Stitch
- Tubular Cast On and Bind Off Techniques
- Twined Knitting
- Working Knitted Increases