Virtual Master’s Day: Frequently Asked Questions
How does a Virtual Masters Day differ from an in person day?
- In the past, we would have three to four class blocks and there would be three classes taught in each block – one for Level 1, one for Level 2 and one for Level 3. Participants could choose which one they wanted to go to; it didn’t have to be the level they happened to be working on, just what they were interested in. But they could only go to one, because you can’t be in more than one place at a time.
- With a Virtual Masters Day, we will still be offering three or four classes at a time. So, you will have to select which one you want to go to live. But the beauty of the virtual conference is that within an hour after a live session ends, the recording of it will be posted on the conference platform. You could go to the live session on ‘Purlwise Increases and Decreases’, and then the next day view the recording of ‘Fair Isle and Intarsia’.
- This means that you can eventually participate in all of the learning opportunities.
- Click here for a schedule of the weekend event.
How do I decide what I should go to live?
- That is completely up to you, but we’d recommend you go to the session that you think you would want to ask questions on the most. You will be able to ask questions in the live sessions. When you listen and view a class later, you will only hear the answers to other’s questions.
How long will I have to review the classes?
- The conference platform will be available for six months after the conference ends.
Can I watch the sessions multiple times?
- Absolutely! We think this will be really helpful for the Swatch Reviews where you can actually see a Co-Chair discuss what they are looking for in swatches.
Will I get handouts for all classes?
- Yes, you will get them electronically. You will have to print them yourself.
Is there homework for the event?
- Yes, depending on the sessions you want to attend. Click here for the Supplies and Homework list.
I’m not in the Masters Program. Can I still attend?
- Yes, lots of people attend when they are thinking about the program or are in the Professional Knitting Certification program. The classes and workshops will appeal to anyone interested in improving their knitting.
What type of device will work?
- You can use a desktop computer, a laptop, a tablet or a smartphone. We would not recommend a smartphone because the picture will be very small.
How do I log in to the event?
- You will receive an email with your unique ‘Join Code’ for Brella, our platform for the event. (Emails to those registered have already gone out, please check your spam folder or email email@example.com if you cannot find it and need it sent to you again.)
- Go to www.Brella.io to log in and to join the event. Detailed directions for logging in can be found HERE. A video walking you through the process can be found HERE.
- We strongly recommend that you log in and set up your profile and networking availability in Brella several days before the event.